On this blog my wonderful mom will post letters from my mission in Indiana. If you would like to read them, they will be here :) And you can even follow by email, if you want. Purdy cool.

Monday, March 31, 2014

It Could Be Weirder, I S'pose

Greetings, world!
My new companion is Sister Mumford. She is from Apex, North Carolina, and she was actually Sister Blacker's MTC companion. So we came out together! But we didn't know each other in the MTC.

One of the highlights of the week came on Saturday. We didn't have any scheduled appointments, so we were planning to spend the day finding people to teach. Unfortunately it was really cold. Recently we got a list of of HQ referrals that had not been reported as contacted. So we figured we might as well head out to Morgantown--which is 1/2 hour away to see what was going on out there. When we drove up a chubby (shirtless) little boy ran into the side door. We knocked. And nothing. So much for inspiration.

On the way back we checked on another HQ referral. It was a request for a Nauvoo Pageant CD, and to please not send missionaries without it. But we figured we'd check it out to see if somebody had brought it to her (we have to special order them, so we didn't want to do that if she already had it.) We met the lady who said she had gotten the CD and loved it--her brother who'd joined the church requested it for her. She asked "Do you have a Bible though? That's what I really want." What she meant was the Book of Mormon. We gave it to her and told her about it a little.

We can't meet with her 'cause her husband is super anti-religion, but she was really grateful we came, and said "This is exactly what I needed today."

K is doing really well right now. She came to the general women's broadcast and loved it. She came to church and loved it. And she accepted a baptismal date to work towards. Church is always interesting when she comes. She loves meeting people and is just super excited. She had me braid her hair before church started. It could be weirder, I s'pose.

News from Bloomington: R and B are doing well--B will be getting baptized the beginning of May. J is on drugs, and Sister Tolman got transfered. Her trainee is now training. Which makes me a great grandma in awkward mission lingo.

On another note, I learned how to transfer pictures between memory cards. So I have more pictures now. (You're welcome mom ;)

That's all I got for today!

Much love,
Sister Bowen
~Sister Blacker and I on a cold day about 2 months ago
~The death of Elder Joos (who just went home) Elder Diaz, Elder Twitchell, Elder Caplin, Elder Joos, Elder Johnson, and me
Bowling with G (a wonderful gal the elders are teaching) Elder Twitchell, Elder Hymas, Giselle, me, Sister Blacker
makin' breakfast burritos on Valentine's
Me, K, Sister Blacker
Warming up for Elder Joos' farewell song that I wrote--Elder Johnson, Elder Brown, me, and Sister Blacker. Elder Brown and I have been in the same district for 6 consecutive transfers. That's half my mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment