On this blog my wonderful mom will post letters from my mission in Indiana. If you would like to read them, they will be here :) And you can even follow by email, if you want. Purdy cool.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Awkward . . . Just Like My Parents

Well, we didn't get much done in our area this week. The sisters down in Columbus are covering two areas right now, so we did exchanges down there so they could keep up with it all. That was a lot of fun, because it's much less pressure for us, and the sisters down there are so good, and so fun! Sister Howard is there, so naturally it's a party.

Another set of sisters in our stewardship is really struggling, so we went up to help them with weekly planning. They called us the day before to see if we could do a brief exchange, to give one of the sisters a chance to go out, and so the other could talk some things out. I talked with the one sister. She is a wonderful girl, and it was a good experience to be able to talk with her. Miracles are beginning to happen in their area, so it was cool to be a part of that.

I learned once again that Heavenly Father is very aware of me. Finding people to teach out here has been rough. I've been praying that we could find a R--because she was just so prepared and willing to follow the spirit. There aren't enough people like her out there.

So on Tuesday, it was just a bad day. I don't like talking to people, usually is manageable, but Tuesday was hard--I reeeally didn't want to leave the apartment. Our morning appointment fell through, and we didn't have any set appointments the whole day--not for lack of trying. So we were tracting. We knocked on this door and a young woman answered. She was very friendly. Like R. She was in the marines, like R. She even looked a little like R. We talked to her a little bit about our message and scheduled an appointment for the next day. Then we asked her name, and it was R. It was a pretty clear message for me at the time.

We showed up the next day, and she wasn't there, but that was okay because we had perfect timing for catching one of her neighbors we haven't been able to see for awhile. We'll catch up with her later.
The rest of the week was good, with zone training, exchanges, church, and Why I Believe. It was the first Why I Believe of the transfer, so I got to see who was serving in the area (outside our zone) And there are a lot of new sisters. I knew just about all of them last transfer, but not any more. I decided I should probably go talk to them because it seemed like a responsible Sister Training Leader thing to do, and I need to get better at talking to people.

That reminded me why I don't talk to people...'cause I'm suuuuper awkward! So now all these new sisters, and their companions (most of who I don't know super well) will remember me as this really awkward sister who attempted to make conversation with them that one time. Oh well. I tried.

And this is exciting--I probably won't be emailing next Monday, 'cause we get to go to the Louisville temple on Wednesday next week...which replaces our preparation day, but we'll probably have some time to email late that day.

Much love!
Sister Bowen

Peectures!

When we were leaving from our Columbus exchange--Sister Carroll, Sister Howard, Sister Sessions, Me, Sister Blacker

And again! I dunno what we're doing...Sisters Sessions, Carroll, Howard, Blacker, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment