On this blog my wonderful mom will post letters from my mission in Indiana. If you would like to read them, they will be here :) And you can even follow by email, if you want. Purdy cool.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Two Months in Bloomington!

Well, the highlight of this past week, I got to sing the Nevada State Song when we had dinner with the Andersons! Okay, actually that wasn't the highlight, but it was a great adventure. There's something about ridiculously singing a song with two other people while their 4 kids, two visitors, and your companion are just laughing because they don't appreciate the majesty of the great state of Nevada. I hope I'm still in the ward for Nevada Day, although that might get a little out of control ;)
The real highlight was, of course, P's baptism!! He was sooo happy! He lined up the entire program, complete with The Star Spangled Banner as the closing hymn. He had requested Sister C (this wonderful lady who's a professional opera singer) to sing Amazing Grace. Her son accompanied her on his guitar, and they really did a fabulous job. Brother M, Brother M, and Bishop F gave really great talks. And there was much rejoicing.
Other good moments of the week included reconnecting with a couple former investigators who seem very interested in the gospel, and finding M. We tracted into her. She was in the last house on the street that we almost skipped because it didn't look like anybody was home. We asked her if she was interested in family history. And she was! So we set an appointment with her to work on family history. Before we left, we asked her if she knew anybody who would like a message about Christ. She said, "me!" And then we met with her later and taught the whole Plan of Salvation. And she loved it! She might just be "golden" ;)

P at his baptism. And Brother T who baptized him. P is pretending to put his arms around us 'cause he's not allowed to for real ;)
Sister Howard, Sister Saunders, and me at transfers before we said good-bye.
Missionary work continues to be terrifying and wonderful. And I think I get better every week. And I've been in Bloomington for exactly two months today!  
All is well! Kinda funny how that phrase was used in a time of intense trial huh...I think I'm beginning to understand more fully how that works ;)
Love,
Sister Allie Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment