On this blog my wonderful mom will post letters from my mission in Indiana. If you would like to read them, they will be here :) And you can even follow by email, if you want. Purdy cool.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Our trio's down to two

This past week was very exciting, the highlight being that we got a new toilet! Okay, that's not true. I mean it is--we did get a new toilet--but that wasn't the highlight. But seriously, it works like a dream! That is, if dreams flushed and did other toilet type things.

R got baptized on Saturday!! It was a really nice service, which sincere speakers and the spirit was there. We're all so happy for him and I'm so grateful for his excitement for the gospel :D
In other news, transfers are this week. And we are losing Sister Saunders who will be training a visa waiter somewhere unknown at this point. She's been in the Clear Creek ward for about 6 months, and the ward will really miss her. Sister Howard (who is just finishing her training) will finish my training in Clear Creek, and we are so excited, because the ward just so excited and ready to help with missionary work. Exciting things for this area are coming.

But we will really miss Sister Saunders too. But everybody does. More men have professed their love for her in the past two weeks than I've experienced my whole life! (But that makes sense: she is ridiculously attractive, spiritual, obedient, musical, caring, and many other good things). This, among other things, led me to the conclusion that Heavenly Father made me super awkward around guys (or just all the time, I s'pose) so that I would come on a mission. Probably not completely true, but it's a nice thought.
I've learned that God loves everybody, and everybody has access to the Holy Ghost. I knew that before, but I know it more now. Part of me wishes it weren't so, because then it wouldn't take as long for people to realize that what we have really is the entire puzzle. The spirit testifies of truth. Other churches have some truth, and so the spirit is there when bits of truth are testified of. I guess previously I had kinda thought that the spirit would be completely new to people. But it's not. But there's much more to it than people realize.
But that's part of patience on my part. I just wish people would be more willing to take the time to see that it all makes sense. There's so many people that talk about how their religions have some things they don't agree with, and then say that every religion is probably like that. But it's not!

Something that kind of cracks me up is when people are hesitant to ask us questions because they don't want to ruin our faith. It's like they think we're idiots or something--do they really think we'd be out here if we didn't KNOW it was real? Or that we hadn't been asked those questions before? or that we hadn't considered themselves in our personal conversion processes? Weird right? But it is sweet of them to worry about us like that.

But I love this more and more everyday. Well, maybe not everyday, but it is definitely and upward trend. The gospel truly does make people happy, and so naturally missionaries should be happy. Yet, the souls and welfare of others do weigh on us. Kinda like with Heavenly Father in Moses 7. I like that chapter...

I've included a picture of us from yesterday. Brother Anderson (the one whose parents I met that are from Carson City) told us we had voices of angels (this comment was inspired by our soulful rendition of "Come Thou Fount" in sacrament meeting yesterday. It was purdy great--we made up our own arrangement and performed it a capella, which actually worked because Sister Saunders has perfect pitch which keeps us in key.) So we figured it'd probably be our last Sunday together, and Brother Anderson suggested that we take a "Clear Creek Angels" picture. I really love these Sisters, which is quite convenient, because I spend ALL my time with them :D

Much love!
Sister Allie Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment